REDHAWK Release Notes - 2.0.2
The effort in REDHAWK 2.0.2 focused on:
- Improving how error messages are displayed to the user in the IDE.
- Adding new abilities to interact with logging for Components and Devices in the IDE.
- Providing better awareness of resource utilization on the host computer.
- Addressing numerous Discrepancy Reports (DRs).
- Adding better support for creating FEI Devices written in Python.
- Enhanced IDE to use new Domain Manager method for launching Waveforms.
- Added IDE support for setting a running Component’s logging configuration.
- Added IDE support for viewing a running Component’s logging events.
- Added a Property on the GPP that provides a per-Component GPP resource utilization.
- Improved error messages when working with Properties.
- Improved error messages when launching resources in the Sandbox.
- Improved error messages when start/stop fails for Components.
- Improved error messages for the SCA file system.
Core Asset Improvements
- Updated UHD driver to version 3.7.3.
- Source is no longer ignored in
- Fixed domain loading on Windows.
ScaItemProviderAdapterFactoryis always disposed.
- Fixed null pointer exception (NPE) in editors.
- Renamed context menu “Apply Horizontal Tree Layout” to “Arrange Diagram”.
- Fixed issues with SCA file stream cleanup.
- When launching a Domain Waveform, fixed error so Waveform editor opens.
- Fixed issue causing stack trace errors to be displayed when refreshing Properties.
- Properties without a
configurationkindare now considered .
- Octave Component can be launched in debug mode.
- Event channels and Waveform containers can be refreshed.
- When a runtime explorer Node diagram is open and connections are created, this no longer causes an NPE.
- Runtime explorer Node diagrams show connections.
- Multiple Sandbox Waveforms with similar names can be opened.
configureProperties are now set for Devices launched from the Python Sandbox.
- When loading Domain items, improved error details provided in Explorer View.
- Status details will not display for errors on the file manager.
- In File Manager, CORBA file objects are deactivated after they are closed.
- Opening a Node diagram containing a Device/Service not in the SDR no longer causes an NPE.
- Tooltips for long Property descriptions are displayed.
- Deleting a Component from the SAD diagram deletes its external Properties or external Ports.
- When editing Nodes, unique
componentinstanceid’s are created for Devices/Services.
- New IDL projects have include paths to omniORB COS IDLs.
- IDE can now connect to and display content from multiple Domains with the same name.
OCTAVE_PATHis now set in the Chalkboard for softpkg dependencies.
- SPD editor Overview tab now displays correct resource type.
- Environment variable paths are now properly set for resources launched in the Chalkboard.
- Editing a Find By name no longer creates a duplicate item in the diagram.
DataListcorrectly displays complex data streams.
usesdeviceelements type attribute is optional.
- Error messages are displayed in the Launch Domain Manager Wizard.
- Improved performance of Node Explorer diagram.
- Connections created in design-time diagrams can be undone.
- Improved Waveform Explorer diagram.
- In a runtime diagram, fixed error so cannot undo release/terminate of Component.
- Launch Waveform Wizard displays overwritten Properties.
- Connections from Java Components are displayed when diagrams are opened.
- Sequence values in Runtime Property dialog can be deleted when in edit mode.
Core Framework Fixes
- Added Python helper that simplifies the creation of SRI objects for FEI Devices.
- Python FEI Devices now contain extended mutex control over control member variables in the tuner base class.
- Python FEI Devices do not call
deviceDeleteTuningwhen deallocating a listener.
- Python FEI Devices can deallocate a listener from the IDE.
- Python FEI Devices Ports contain the correct reference to the parent Device object.
- Python FEI tuner control Ports implement the correct inheritance hierarchy.
- In Python Components and Devices, using
CF.LogConfiguration.setLogConfig(String)now correctly sets the log configuration.
- The Java logging appender only prints an error on
stderrwhen an error condition exists.
Appendernow prints debug info to the log file instead of
- Property initialization of struct sequence no longer triggers Property change listener.
AnyUtilscan convert strings to octet.
- BulkIO chunking accounts for subsize, aligning subsize boundaries.
- The Connection Manager allows Component to Component connections.
- The GPP Property XML file now includes
- In a multi-system REDHAWK environment; when restarting a GPP after the restart of a Domain Manager, with persistence enabled, the GPP no longer aborts on startup.
- The GPP reports correct number of CPUs on all supported versions of CentOS.
- When the Domain Manager is terminated normally, the event channels are cleaned up from the name service.
- The Event Channel Manager honors the requested registration ID.
- Event channels can register with the
log4pycan create directories when specified in the log configuration file.
FileManagerdoes not fail when calling
- Java Port objects match the reported object in the connection description.
- In the IDE Python Sandbox,
sb.show()Component connections displays the correct results.
- In the Python Sandbox, connection IDs can be reused.
- Removed superfluous warning from
libnumaon 32bit VMs.
- Making connnections between GPS Ports in Java Devices no longer causes an NPE.
- SIGCHLD is properly propagated in GPP.
- In Python Devices and Components, exceptions in the process function are logged.
- Extended the
startcall on Application time out.
- Python Sandbox launch function works as expected in the IDE.
- Python Sandbox no longer uses path to identify resource type.
- Python Sandbox
loadSADFileworks correctly when Components have Properties with special characters.
Core Asset Fixes
REDHAWK Basic Components
DataConverterimproved unit tests to include unscaled unit tests.
DataConvertereliminated data distortion for Short to Float and Float to Float conversions.
DataConverterfixed to only scale output when configured to do so.
FileReaderfixed to start when launched with non-default source_uri.
FileWriterfixed feature that starts a new file following a retune.
FileWriterfixed initial configuration of overridden Property values.
FileWriterfixed several bugs with the recording timer.
psdmoved stream callback registration to the REDHAWK constructor.
psk_softupdated to apply initial Property values.
sinksocketupdated to apply initial Property values.
SinkVita49fixed bug that prevented SRI updates after being stopped and restarted.
SinkVita49fixed to stop immediately when a stopis initiated.
TuneFilterDecimatefixed calculation of SRI keyword CHAN_RF for tuning mode NORM.
REDHAWK Basic Devices
FmRdsSimulatorreduced default level of added noise.
- Added a note to explain that adjusting an Application’s logging configuration alters the entire Domain.
- Corrected instructions for logging with event channels.
- Corrected the translation of the logging config URI.
- Corrected typos in macros in Section 13.2.4.